- New pictures for Cabane de l'A Neuve. Added 8 new references to the bibliography 1-Aug-2012
- A Google Map page helps to locate all hikes of the region 30-Apr-2012
- Cabane des Audannes, Tour du Sex Rouge and Tour du Mont Gond, Croix de la Cha added 10-Sep-2011
- Translations done for: Niwen (Einigs Alichji) and Lacs de Fully, Cabane du Demècre, Le Diabley, Tête du Portail 13-Jun-2011
- 2 reports translated: Vallon de Réchy inférieur: La Brinta and Eggishorn, Märjelesee, Aletschgletscher 4-Apr-2011
A wonderful region south of the country, definitely my favourite. A microclimate makes it Switzerland's sunniest region, together with italian-speaking Ticino.
Famous abroad for its wine and fruits, and for resorts like Zermatt, Verbier, Saas-Fee. I personally prefer to hike in less touristic places, like the Val Ferret, just at the border with Italy and France. Other authentic valleys are Val d'Hérens, Val d'Anniviers and Val de Bagnes.
Click on the image to open a large overview of all hikes in the Valais and pick one through its location on the map.
The 25 most lonely hikes of the Valais region have been collected for a book published in May 2013 (Editions Slatkine).